After homes, it is schools where students spend most of their time. This makes it necessary to monitor the students to make sure that they are safe and secure in the school premises during those hours.
Schools generally cover a lot of area and have several walkways, entry points and exit points. Thus, it can be a difficult task to simultaneously take care of all the children who love to roam around here and there in the school campus according to their free will.
Here are 5 ways that will help you to enhance the security of students at schools:
- Video Surveillance- Having a video surveillance facility installed in the school campus makes it easy for the authorities to constantly monitor children. If anything goes wrong, the video footage can help them track down the guilty person and the presence of these video cameras will dissuade the students from indulging in any malicious activity. It is, however, important to constantly upgrade the video cameras in 2017 so that they are not vulnerable to any hack. In this regards, Hikvision is a reliable brand as it keeps upgrading its security cameras to overcome security concerns.
- Gate Pass- To make sure that only authorized people enter and exit the school premises, gate passes must be handed out to the people at the entry point after proper ve The security must confirm their identity and purpose of visit and validate it with the concerned school authority. After the verification is complete, a gate pass must be issued to him or her, which he would have to return at the exit.
- More Supervisors- The common mistake that almost every school makes is having a single supervisor who takes care of the children. If the number of students is more, then more number of supervisors must be appointed so that even if one is absent due to any reason, the other supervisors can continue to monitor the students.
- Single Pont of Entry- There should be a single point of entry in school. This will make the surveillance of kids better. They will be safe and secure as the authorities will not have to manage multiple number of gates.
- Awareness Amongst Students- The students must be aware of the types of danger and situations they might have to face. This way, if something ever goes wrong, the students can report the issue to their teacher at once.
All these ways will definitely ensure that students face no concern over safety and security.